I spent this last weekend at a Missions Conference, one I go to every year and it is always a wonderful time! This year was no exception! I feel like it's so hard to explain everything I took in and learned over the 4 days...
I got to listen to my music loud as I drove for 6 hours, catch up with friends, talk with a lot of students, share with a boys hall (which was interesting but not in a bad way!) about ministry, listen to some encouraging testimonies, make bush tea for 50+ people, watch 3 men in sombreros search for treasure, steal dessert with Tim, sleep in the girls dorm, enjoy beautiful music, eat baklava, watch 2 students announce their engagement to friends, laugh and also cry with people I love, and then listen to my music loud again as I drove home.
However I didn't make it all the way home in one night! At about 8pm I found myself in a complete whiteout and the most scared I have ever been while driving! Everything was white and I had no concept of where I was on the road, I knew I shouldn't pull over unless I could pull right off the road but I couldn't see the turn offs! I finally made it to a small town where I was thankful for a hotel room to spend the night!
I am thankful for a weekend which filled my heart with warmth, for people who love me, for making it through the whiteout and for a credit card so I could wait out the storm in a warm bed!
No comments:
Post a Comment