Let me
just bring some attention to the white elephant that apparently is in the
room. I am single. I also do not have any kids. There, I said it out loud! It’s out there, there is no avoiding it. So let’s talk about this a little.
I’m
still your friend.
Yes, I
may not have the same schedule as you do.
I don’t have to factor in a spouse and children every time I make plans,
but I am ok with the fact that you do! I
understand that it takes more time to get out the door when you have to make
sure everyone has gone potty. I get that
if I’m making plans with you I am also probably making plans with your husband. I. Don’t.
Mind.
What I
don’t understand is why I am constantly hearing about all these funs things you’ve
done that I haven’t been invited to.
That’s right, I hear about when you all make plans and get
together. And you need to know that it
hurts my feelings. I’m still your friend. Just because I don’t have a husband or
children doesn’t mean I don’t want to be included in the fun with the people
who do. In fact, it means that I really
would like to be included! Sometimes I
even need to be included, that’s just the honest truth. Not all the time, but sometimes.
I don’t
always know when it’s a good time to stop over, give you a call or invite you for coffee
because I understand that you have children with a specific schedule or that it’s
hard to find quality time with your spouse.
If it’s not a good time please just be honest with me about that, but
also please tell me when a good time is!
I really am willing to work with the circumstances of your life.
Once again,
please, please, please! When you get
together with other families (who are also my friends) invite me as well! Nothing hurts worse than reading a facebook
status about an awesome day you’ve had with all the people I love.
I’m still your friend, singleness
and childlessness doesn’t need to change that.
Love,Joni
No comments:
Post a Comment